Tue 13 Nov 2007
A long time ago, when I was planning on working on Connections V2, I wrote a post asking users for feedback. However, a lot of things changed since then, so this calls for a new poll.
Like I said previously, Connections 2.0 is on its way. There will be a number of improvements based on both my own observations and user input over time (via email and comments on the blog).
But I would like to hear your feedback as to what would be more useful to you in terms of functionalities and design. The obvious things, such as widgets support and full sidebar showing on individual post pages are already implemented. The kind of feedback I’m looking for are things like:
- What plugins would you like the theme to support?
- How important is it to you to have an AdSense optimized version of the theme?
- Would you like to have a 3 column version of Connections?
- How about color schemes? How useful would it be to you to have other color scheme alternatives?
- What weaknesses do you think the theme has that could be fixed (other than lack of widgets support, for instance)?
- Is there something you always wished the theme offered and would like to see in the new version?
I already have a long list of improvements and fixes (code and design wise) that I would like to implement and your input will help me get clearer idea on what matters to the user the most – which might not be exactly what I suspect to be. I can’t promise that every suggestion will be implemented, especially since opinions may vary greatly, but I will compile a list of “most requested changes and improvements” and try to implement them all.
Feel free to answer any or all of the above questions or throw in any other ideas.
Thank you in advance for your input.